Pokémon & Trading Cards
Welcome to the London Auctions Pokémon & Trading Card Department
Unlock the True Value of Your Pokémon and Other Trading Cards with London Auctions. If you’re looking to sell your Pokémon and other trading card collections, London Auctions is the perfect partner to help you get the best possible price for your cards. We are a leading auction house with years of experience in the collectables industry, including more recently trading cards. Our dedicated team of experts will guide you through the process and ensure that you get the maximum value for your collection.
What Sort of trading cards and collectables do you sell at London Auctions?
Collection of Eaglemoss Figurines & Magazines
Collection of Pokemon Cards
Star Trek Card Collection
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Get a Free Valuation Now!
Yes, we offer free initial estimates on items to be entered into auction. We also offer a chargeable probate valuation service for items which need to be valued as part of an estate for probate purposes. We offer both these valuation services across London and Surrey.
Valuations for auction can be done at one of our regular valuation days or via email/WhatsApp. Feel free to send us pictures and a rough description of the item(s) you wish to sell. Dimensions and condition reports always help. Get in touch today for more information.
Our valuation team uses knowledge of current market trends to ensure that we can offer accurate estimates on trading cards and Pokémon cards. As you will be aware condition is key with collectables like these. Sometimes it will be necessary to send cards off for professional independent grading. We will always advise potential clients when this is necessary. Rest assured you can buy and sell with confidence at London Auctions.
Our basic commission is 18% plus VAT, and we charge a lotting fee of £1.50 + VAT. However, with higher value collections our charges are negotiable depending on the value and quantity of items you wish to consign.
Through our extensive network of buyers and professional promotion and marketing we believe that we offer a great method of sale for trading and Pokémon cards in London & Surrey. Our auctions draw a diverse audience, ranging from private collectors to dealers and enthusiasts, ensuring that your collectable trading cards find their ideal buyer. Operating online, we attract regular bidders globally. We value the impact of marketing, and that's why we invest in professional campaigns to promote our sales. Our efforts span online and offline channels, encompassing targeted email campaigns, social media promotion, traditional print marketing, and radio ads."
In recent years, trading card sales have hit record-breaking numbers, with some rare cards fetching millions of dollars at auction. Here are some notable examples:
1. Pikachu Illustrator Card – In October 2019, the Pikachu Illustrator Card sold for a record-breaking $195,000 at auction. This card is one of the rarest Pokémon cards in existence, with only 39 ever produced. It was originally given to winners of a Japanese illustration contest in 1998. More recently youtuber Jake Paul purchased a grade 10 copy of the rare card for $5.27 million.
2. 1999 First Edition Shadowless Holographic Charizard Card – In December 2020, a 1999 First Edition Shadowless Holographic Charizard Card sold for a $369,000. This card is considered one of the most valuable Pokémon cards, and the Shadowless version is even rarer.
3. 1998 Japanese Promo Pikachu Trainer No. 1 Holo Card – In July 2021, the 1998 Japanese Promo Pikachu Trainer No. 1 Holo Card sold for $233,000 at auction. This card was only available to winners of a Japanese competition in 1998 and is one of the rarest and most valuable Pokémon cards.
4. Pokémon TCG Base Set Booster Box – In November 2021, a sealed Pokémon TCG Base Set Booster Box sold for a record-breaking $1.1 million at auction. This box contains 36 packs of original Pokémon cards from the first-ever English release in 1999 and is highly sought after by collectors.
5. FUN FACT-The World Record Price for a Trading Card is the $12.6 million which was paid for a 1952 Mickey Mantle baseball card in 2022.
These record-breaking sales highlight the growing demand and value of rare and valuable Pokémon cards. As more people become interested in collecting, it’s likely that we’ll see even more record-breaking sales in the future.
Keep up to date with London Auctions
and other special offers & events!