Wine and Spirits
Welcome to the London Auctions Wine and Spirits Department
Welcome to London Auctions Wine & Spirits, the ideal place for buying and selling wines and spirits. With years of experience, we specialise in handling a diverse range of tastes, from rare vintages to modern classics and everything in between.
Whether you’re looking to sell your collection or just a few unwanted bottles which were gifted to you, our team offers a straightforward and confidential selling process, ensuring you get the best value. Whether it’s fine Bordeaux, limited-edition whiskies, or sought-after Champagne, we’re here to guide you from initial valuation to sale.
Explore the world of wines and spirits with London Auctions – where your collection meets enthusiastic buyers. Cheers to straightforward transactions and extraordinary finds!
Why choose London Auctions to sell your wine and spirits?
- Expertise and Experience: Our team consists of expert valuers who know and understand the auction market. We have the expertise to offer an accurate estimate as to what your items are likely to sell for. We can also advise the best starting bids and reserves to offer your items at in order to see them achieve the best prices possible.
- Competitive Commission Rates-We offer a very competitive commission rate for a wine and spirit auction in London. We offer a comprehensive selling service from initial valuation to final dispatch of your items ensuring that you don’t have to lift a finger.
- High Quality Network of Buyers-We have a database of high-quality global bidders who are notified each time we release a new catalogue. All of our auctions feature online bidding ensuring that clients can bid from all over the world. This means that your wine and spirits will have great online visibility to a global audience.
- Transparency: We will keep you up to date every step of the way. Expect to hear from us with an initial estimate, pre-sale advice, post sale advice, a post sale statement and then once you have been paid via bank transfer.
- Quick Payments-We offer one of the quickest pay out times in the country (usually within 7 working days).
To sell your wine & spirits with London Auctions Watch Department, simply fill out our online enquiry form or give us a call. We’ll schedule a convenient appointment for you to bring in your bottles or alternatively we can visit you. Our team will then provide you with a fair and accurate valuation in line with current market trends.
What sort of wine and spirits sell well at London auctions?
Wine & Spirits are a great seller in our monthly sales. The sort of bottles that regularly command strong prices include:
Crate of 1979 Château Guiraud
Crate of Fonesca Port
Pol Roger Champagne
Get a Free Valuation Now!
At London Auctions, we specialise in curating and auctioning an impressive selection of fine wines and spirits. Our focus spans across renowned labels and distinctive producers, offering a diverse range that includes rare vintages, limited editions, and contemporary favorites. We are happy to consider most bottles so long as they are sealed and not spoiled. So get in touch today for free initial advice and consultation.
Absolutely! We welcome wines and spirits from all producers, irrespective of their fame or prestige. Our team of experts is equipped to provide a fair and precise valuation for your collection, ensuring that each offering receives the attention it deserves. Often the less well known brands can be more desirable due to their rarity at auction.
London Auctions accepts collections in various conditions – however most of the time we reject opened bottles. While the condition may influence the valuation, we are happy to take a look at all offerings.
Our dedicated team leverages market knowledge, expertise, and industry databases to provide you with a fair and accurate valuation based on current market conditions. Rest assured, we strive to secure the best possible price for each bottle or collection. Our global network of bidders ensures that your collection receives the attention it deserves!
Our fees for selling wine or spirits are determined by various factors, including the brand, vintage, condition, and market demand. While our basic rates include a commission at 18% plus VAT, we understand that higher-value items and collections may warrant negotiation. We maintain transparency by providing a clear breakdown of all fees before you decide to entrust your wine or spirits with us.
Yes, we are able to dispatch everything we sell worldwide. For UK bidders we do this via our in-house dispatch team. For international customers we use a third party shipping agent.
Keep up to date with London Auctions
and other special offers & events!